A lifetime of beautiful smiles starts with your first visit to an orthodontist. At Dr.Ramam’s Advanced Dental Care, we know that timely orthodontic treatment ensures that you and your child are happy with the end results. Our orthodontic specialists are skilled in identifying the right treatment for you, taking into account the child’s age, dental development, teeth alignment and many other factors. Our treatment plans include metal braces, clear braces, lingual braces ,self ligating braces and Invisalign braces.
WHAT IS THE RIGHT AGE TO VISIT THE ORTHODONTIST?
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that your child visits the orthodontist by the age of 7 and Why?
While some problems cannot be rectified by the age of 7, most conditions like overbite, crowding, and tooth loss can be identified. A visit to an orthodontist is equally important at this age, as this is the age when your child’s first set of molar erupts. Early detection and treatment may reduce or even prevent serious dental problems later on in life, paving your child’s way to a beautiful, healthy smile.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOUR CHILD NEEDS BRACES?
Your child will need orthodontic treatment, if he or she has any of the following conditions:
- The jaw is not proportionate to the face
- Frequent thumb-sucker
- Breathes through the mouth, than the nose
- Baby teeth fall out too soon or too late
- Exhibits malocclusions (overbite/underbite)
- Visible crowding of teeth
Advantages of Early Treatment:
- Moves the front teeth back so they are less susceptible to injury.
- Improves the relationship of upper and lower jaws, encouraging better development in the future.
- Improves facial appearance and self-esteem.
- May avoid or reduce the need for further treatment when patients are older.