Children need smaller brushes, generally a brush with soft end-rounded or polished bristles is recommended, since it is less likely to injure the gums. Brushing removes plaque from the inner, outer and chewing surfaces of the teeth. Children should be advised to brush in a round motion (circular strokes). A toothpaste with Fluoride is recommended
ECOMMENDED TIPS FOR BRUSHING :
BIRTH TO 2 YEARS :-
- Clean your child’s mouth with a gauze / cloth after feeding and at bedtime.
- 18 months (1 ½ year) onwards you can clean with a baby brush without toothpaste.
AGE 2-6 YEARS :-
- Parents supervise children on brushing
- A pea sized toothpaste is used for brushing
AGE 3-6 YEARS :-
- Begin transferring responsibility for brushing under parent supervision.
- Age 8 is the average age, a child can brush on their own.